Joe C has been my most difficult subject since I began this project. I've probably wasted an entire day trying to capture his likeness. He is nearly impossible. Within my past few etches, I've been picking up new strategies for getting things right, so I decided it was time to go back and give Joe C another visit. I also wanted to use the old camo pocket etch, which has been out of commission for months (it hardly works, I didn't think I'd ever use it again). While this portrait may not be the exact spitting image of Joe C, I do think it resembles him and that's fantastic in my book. If I can capture Joe C, the previously unetchable, then I have no fears going forward. This project is serving its purpose.