Friday, March 23, 2012

Mitt Romney etch-a-sketched, with time-lapse

Yesterday I got a request to visit the News Corp. building in NYC to do a rendering of Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney for "The Daily", which is the iPad's largest news source. Never one to turn down a media request, I hopped on the train and made my way into midtown. The pressure was high, as there's always the chance a likeness just can't be captured. I had one crack at it with a 1-2hr time frame. No erasing. My faith in my ability was high and the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint, so I gave it all I had and scratched out this etching of the Etch-a-Sketch candidate. I'm happy with the results. With more time and chances I could have improved on this, but for a one-shot, full-sized sketch, this works for me. Thanks to The Daily for the opportunity, it was great fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment