Friday, March 23, 2012

Mitt Romney etch-a-sketched, with time-lapse

Yesterday I got a request to visit the News Corp. building in NYC to do a rendering of Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney for "The Daily", which is the iPad's largest news source. Never one to turn down a media request, I hopped on the train and made my way into midtown. The pressure was high, as there's always the chance a likeness just can't be captured. I had one crack at it with a 1-2hr time frame. No erasing. My faith in my ability was high and the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint, so I gave it all I had and scratched out this etching of the Etch-a-Sketch candidate. I'm happy with the results. With more time and chances I could have improved on this, but for a one-shot, full-sized sketch, this works for me. Thanks to The Daily for the opportunity, it was great fun.


For my most up to date work, please follow me on Instagram!

Art Inquires, Parties & Commissions:
BryanLeeMadden@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment