Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pocket Etch-a-Sketches

Sometimes I like to use pocket etch-a-sketches to do a rough version of my next work. Here's a quick rendering of Boston I did to get an idea of how to space things out. I was going for speed on this one more than precision. Probably about 10-15mins.


New York is a pretty nice state to begin with, but the town of Saratoga is an oasis of greatness in the middle of New York. No other town takes as much pride in appearance as the upstate horse racing city. There's one storefront in particular that is always spectacular. Yesterday I sat on a downtown bench for a while and sketched a random city block. I didn't fit nearly as much into this pocket etch as I had planned, so I'll probably do something more recognizable there soon. This etch came out awful, but they're for practice, so it's all right. About 20-25mins work.

No comments:

Post a Comment